Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day and Rain

It's raining and it seems appropriate. A rainy Valentine Day. When I awoke this morning there were beautiful yellow roses and stargazer lilies that I could smell from upstairs waiting for me in my favorite red vase. You know the one. The vase that says I'm for roses. Then a few other gifts. The kind of gifts or items I wanted but would not buy for myself,everyone has those little items of want. In the midst of the gifts was the Grammy award winning CD "Raising Sand". Of course Chuck could not wait to get his hands on it. He ask me if I knew "Please Leave the Letter" was a quasi Led Zeppelin song? Yes, I knew. I wouldn't think Robert Plant would make a CD without a song he wrote or co-wrote added to the mix. The neighbor brought over chocolate and hard candy. Everyone was called or called. It's just the day you say hey, love you.

Now, rainy days. You know all the songs about rain. Let's me see if I can name a few: Kentucky Rain, Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, I'm No Stranger to the Rain, I Can See the Rain, Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head, I bet you can name a few too. I feel like the rain is the gift to the plants and the great outdoors, they are thankful for the rain. Drinking it as if it were champagne for the day.


To those that read, I love you, have a wonderful evening. Watch your favorite show,snuggle with a good book, make a toast with something sparkling,eat ice cream, chocolate or in my case a "sweet tart"!

Love, t

1 comment:

  1. rolled my hair last night and awoke to NO HAIRSPRAY this morning. I booked to the nearest CVS and bought some. As soon as I got in the car, I started spraying.

    ReplyDelete