Monday, June 22, 2009

Vegetarian or Vegan

It would be very simple for me to become a Vegetarian with one exception. If I am going to take on Vegetarian platform I will feel tremendous guilt for not adopting the Vegan form of the lifestyle. I do not eat very much meat or fish ,so that's the easy part of the program. I do use cheese, milk, eggs, dairy products when necessary. The fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, squash are abundant now. Do I think this form of a diet is any healthier than one with meat, no. I believe portion control and basic common sense will tell me what is healthy and what is not. But once again, I will not claim to be an "active" Vegetarian, even though it would be easy. I am giving it some more detail thought. I could never have a complete organic diet, I don't believe that exist. I realize people will say the opposite, but I don't think anything can be 100% organic. I compare it to people that say a partial % of the proceeds of the purchase go to charity. Unless, they 100% it's a no go. I guess that is how I feel about the Vegetarian lifestyle....all or none.

t

1 comment: