A few thoughts as the month of August comes to an end.
Many birthday celebrations in August. Happy Birthday to all!
Memphis trip was too much fun. I'll take Memphis anytime of the year! I don't think I'll ever be able to participate in the vigil weekend again, so happy it was on a weekend this year. Next year will mark would have been Elvis's 75 birthday, hard to imagine Elvis at 75, so I won't even try. In addition to facts,places of interest, etc, I know to NEVER underestimate the power of an elderly woman, her pearls, and the smile that proved to be ever so deceiving,the kind people that gave way to her pretended act of weakness,soon learned the lesson...don't judge a book by it's cover or you won't get a good photo of the Peabody Ducks. The Historic Peabody Hotel is beautiful and worth another stay when we travel to the B.B.Q. cookoff,whenever that event takes place...stay tuned.
H1N1 flu. Pandemic ?,who knows,but take your tylenol, stay away from people, and don't believe everything you read or hear. Grow up people, be responsible, and you will make it through this until the next pandemic will by hyped,thus, another cycle.
I love the color green,but not the color of poison ivy as it invades my English Ivy. Suffering I can do with the best of them,but in reality I prefer not to suffer. It only takes a little poison to wipe out the complete patch of Ivy, good or bad, all must go,then we start over with something new. I am thinking..something stone...and a ficus tree in a beautiful green pot,where all of the ivy once grew, yes, that is what I am thinking. No action, just thoughts.
Come on in September. I am ready for you. It's Labor Day month. Take a day off to honor the work we do all year. Welcome September.
As the song says, "See you when September comes". t
don't take down the ivy!!!!! haha! i'm glad you enjoyed memphis. "uh-huh-huh" (as in, "All Shook Up.")
ReplyDelete