Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gnome Spotting..

  Mr. Travelocity gnome will take me places, but someone moved in when Mr. Travelocity hit the road. I spotted a Saints Gnome taking "thyme" for a rest in my herb garden today. I'm no fan of "yard art" that said, little man will stay for the season. Tucked away between the sweet basil, tarragon, and rosemary he makes me smile. I found myself talking to him. Gnome "Drewpy" is a great listener! 

   Heading west for Easter weekend with Tamara and Mark. A stopover en route:
 "Ann:An Affectionate Portrait of Ann Richards" at the The Grand Opera House in Galveston. We'll be hitting the seawall with Glenda and Dave, again. Love this town and it's history. The hurricane of 1900 had Galveston by all accounts "off the grid". Galvestonians came back not only to honor but feel the wrath of Mother Nature every year. Without fail, Galveston is standing and open for business  Marking every event with a symbol. A simple marking "water level here" or a stately monument on the Seawall Mother Nature makes her mark and Galveston gives a "wink and nod" to her. Take in island and it's history if the chance surfaces.


   Speaking of history, I just had a long phone conversation with Beverly. One of my dear lifelong friends. While we did not solve any world woes we did catch up on topics of the day, week, and month. Walt Whitman said," I no doubt deserved my enemies, but don't believe I  deserved my friends". My friend circle may be small but safety is found with my friends so important in my life. You know who you are...Cheers to all of you! 
    Love, love, love, ~t~

No comments:

Post a Comment