Yes, I have walked the cemetery. Cemeteries are a peaceful place. I am graveyard person. It is a place where, well, it's the end for the physical life. I have noticed a sign for a cemetery and stopped just to look around and make up stories in my mind of the person on the headstone. I am not the only one to do this. I guess you could say I have a "graveyard fetish". As the Dave Matthews song goes,"gravedigger, when you dig my grave, could you make it shallow so I can feel the rain". No, this is not morbid, you Disney Lion King kiddos know it's the "Circle of Life" It does bring out the memories of Jacinto City,what little I can remember. I was born in the shipyard city,had my tonsils removed by "LOCO" doctor that delivered me.And a street named Navigation. As heading to the end there was a warehouse store named Coastal Salvage. What a place, scary but yet it had everything a ship could unload for a bargain price!
Just a walk down memory lane with J.Byrd. t
it's almost go time for galveston!!!! the race director said the bike course was supposed to be just one big loop, but anything past the San Luis Pass was washed away by the hurricane so now, we do one 44 mile loop and then one 12 mile loop on 3005.
ReplyDelete